Polyaspartic coatings are a type of protective coating used on concrete floors or metal. This type of coating is known for its durability and resistance to staining and fading.
However, like all types of coatings, polyaspartic coatings can become dull and scratch over time. Wax is often used to protect polyaspartic coatings from damage. However, if you want to restore the shine to your polyaspartic layer, you will need to remove the wax.
And, If you want to remove wax from polyaspartic coating, you can do a few things.
What you will need
To remove wax from a polyaspartic coating, you will need the following supplies:
- A putty knife
- A stiff brush
- A soft cloth
- A cleaner that is safe for polyaspartic coatings
Steps to remove wax from polyaspartic coating
- Use the putty knife to scrape off as much wax as possible.
- Use a stiff brush to scrub the remaining wax.
- Use a soft cloth to wipe away any wax that is left behind.
- Use the cleaner to clean the area.
Remember, If you’ve recently applied a polyaspartic coating and it’s still wet, you can remove any excess wax with a putty knife or a stiff brush. If the wax has already dried, you’ll need to use a solvent to remove it.
The best way to remove excess wax from a polyaspartic coating is to use a putty knife or a stiff brush. If the wax has already dried, you can use a solvent such as mineral spirits or paint thinner.
Tips to avoid damaging your polyaspartic coating
When removing wax from a polyaspartic coating, it is crucial to avoid damaging the coating.
Here are some tips to help you avoid damage:
- Do not use a metal putty knife. Metal can scratch the coating.
- Do not use a harsh cleaner. Harsh cleaners can damage the coating.
- Do not scrub too hard. Scrubbing too hard can damage the coating.
Lastly, If you are unsure how to remove wax from a polyaspartic coating, you can always hire a professional. They will have the tools and experience necessary to safely and effectively remove the wax.