If you have ever worked with nylon rope, you know it can be quite stiff and challenging. This is especially true if the rope is new or unused for a long time.
Nylon is a synthetic fiber used in various applications, including ropes, nets, and fabric. It is strong and durable but can also be quite stiff, which is why many people choose to soften their nylon rope before using it.
In this article, we will discuss why you want to soften nylon rope and how to do it.
Why soften plastic coated nylon rope?
There are a few reasons why you might want to soften nylon rope.
- First, To make it easier to work. Soften Nylon rope is more pliable and flexible, making it easier to tie knots and work with.
- Nylon rope is less likely to damage the things it comes in contact with. When nylon rope is stiff, it can easily damage soft surfaces such as skin or fabric. Softened nylon rope is much less likely to cause damage.
- To make the grip more comfortable to hold.
- Lastly, To increase the rope’s overall strength and durability and to extend the rope’s life.
How to soften plastic coated nylon rope?
Here are the methods that you can use to make nylon rope softer.
Method 01: using water and soap
To soften nylon rope using water and soap, you will need the following items:
- Nylon rope
After gathering the above things, you can follow below steps:
Method 02: Using only water
To soften plastic coated nylon rope using this method, you will need the following items:
- A bucket or container
- Plastic-coated nylon rope
And here is the step that you need to follow:
Method 03: Hot bath
First, try running the rope through a hot bath, which will help to loosen the plastic coating and make the rope more pliable.
If the rope is still too stiff, you can try using a hair dryer on low heat to soften the plastic further.
Once the rope is more pliable, you can start working with it to restore its flexibility. One way to do this is to twist and bend the rope until it becomes more flexible.
Although, this method is quick and easy but can also damage the rope if you don’t do it carefully.